Wednesday, November 15, 2006

What?! Another Post?

I'm binging. I don't want to study for CTS (my last exam), and I feel it's my duty to blog while wasting time. I mean, you know, to make up for all the not-blogging I've done.

There are two kinds of people in the world (okay, there are many more, but let the analogy do its job):
  1. Those who enjoy metering out their gratification over a long time...savoring each little piece. We'll call these the "Steves" of the world.
  2. The boom and busters, who enjoy their gratifaction as it comes to them...savoring the feeling of eating way too much candy on halloween. We'll call these the "Mark and Laras" of the world.
If there was, let's just imagine, a container of cookies in a household, the Steves might have a cookie (as in 1 cookie) a couple times a week; however, the Mark and Laras may just demolish the whole bag in two days (Lara wouldn't, I definitely would).

Why the long-winded analogy? As those of you who know I used to live with Steve and Lara probably guessed, it was just an excuse to relive a fond memory from last year. But I'm also making a point (sort of)!

I am a boombuster, and I am blog-booming.*

All the Steves (putteroffers) in the room have probably resorted to reading one of my posts every four days, to delay the gratification and make it last. Hopefully the boombusters are all just enjoying that I post again. But all of you - putteroffers and boombusters alike - are probably wondering what even compelled me to write this rambling post...have I seriously begun blogging about blogging now (meta-blogging)?

I originally started this post to show you all my really good dinner tonight. Originally performed by my girlfriend Katie, duplicated with variation by yours truly. I give you Peas and Shells, Alfredo.Notice the steam coming off it. Looks pretty tasty doesn't it? Don't you wish your girlfriend was sweet enough to come up with a dish this good that takes like 5 minutes to make? Okay, I'm getting obnoxious so I should go study the CTS.

Two more days!

*honestly, you can't say that aloud without smiling

2 comments:

Lara said...

Life was dull...but then Mark started posting again.

I wish there were more "Marks" in our house. Now it's obvious it is just the "Laras" that eat all the cookies. Probably keeps me from buying them in the first place. That and the fact that the Anya in the house would like nothing better than to eat cookies all day. Yet another great quality she did not get from her father.

Anonymous said...

The first thing I noticed (other than that I fall hopelessly into the "Steve" portion of the personality dichotomy) is that you have the same plates that I ate off as a kid, and they were old then. So by now you're probably eating off some priceless bit of Americana. Better give the Smithsonian a ring.

Oh, and if you think slamming some shells and peas makes you a raving hedonist, just wait until you discover the cheese that God intended those shells to bathe in.