Tuesday, January 30, 2007

My Stories

I like to tell stories, but more importantly I like to tell stories while simultaneously not getting sued. That compulsion leads me to remind everyone that what I post is fiction. Not actual events.

Lies.

I make up names, I make up actual events, and on occasion I've made up diseases.

The stories I tell might bring up strong feelings of what was done wrong, or what should be done. I don't bring those issues up head-on, partially because I don't always think of them, and partially because I don't enjoy debating ethical issues on my blog. But sometimes, rarely, the story was written to make you feel that way - I manipulated your feelings with my dirty, lying stories - mostly because life never plays out as vividly black and white as you'd hope. So sometimes I "turn up the contrast" a little.

No comments: